Having fun while taking care of your health is quite possible. And the star of our recipe is yellow, oval and tart. You'll have guessed it: it's about lemon. This cake recipe will melt gourmands who like to combine pleasure and health. And for good reason, this treat does not contain dairy products, flour or gluten. With a delicate taste of coconut, this delicacy will delight your guests by its complexity in flavors. Spotlight on the benefits of the ingredients of this essential recipe.
Taking care of your health while delighting your taste buds is within reach. This recipe is easy, economical and quite suitable for gluten intolerant. Bonus: it contains no dairy products or flour. This lemon cake will soon be the ally of your gourmet and nutritious snacks. Its delicate taste of coconut will make you fall back into childhood. Are you ready to surprise your guests?
- The benefits of lemon
Lemon, your slimming citrus
Exit soft drinks and sweet sodas, make way for lemon water. This citrus is formidable to prepare your body for weight loss. With its vitamin C, the fruit of the lemon tree inhibits the production of cortisol, a hormone responsible for storing fat. We also owe the dietary properties of citrus to the significant amount of polyphenols it contains. So many reasons to invite it more often in our light desserts!
Lemon, your detox ally
Highly prized by celebrities to mop up a week of excess, the depurative reputation of citrus is not stolen. And for good reason, it is full of antioxidants, essential substances to fight against free radicals responsible for diseases and premature aging. The results of this scientific experiment conducted in-vivo are formal: the consumption of lemon protects your liver, even in case of alcohol consumption.
Lemon, an unstoppable remedy against colds
Rich in vitamin C, the fruit of the lemon tree is part of the food to consume if you have a bad cold. Its wealth of antioxidants fight against the inflammation that occurs during this mild but uncomfortable illness. According to this study, consumption of citrus can significantly reduce the duration of cold-related symptoms.
- The benefits of coconut
Coconut, a mine of nutrients
The coconut fruit is an unstoppable source of nutrients. Highly moisturizing, coconut provides the body with 8% of its recommended dietary magnesium intake. Rich in zinc, vitamin B3 folate and vitamin C, the coconut fruit is packed with nutrients essential to our well-being.
How to prepare lemon cake?
To observe conclusive results on your health, we recommend that you obtain ingredients of biological origin.
Lemon cake for 6 people
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- The zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
For Icing Recipe:
- 1/3 cup of coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 180 °C and coat the mold with butter
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the coconut oil, the maple syrup with the juice and the zest of lemon
- Then add the coconut powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until a homogeneous liquid is obtained
- Take this preparation in the mold. Cook for 40 minutes. To check the cooking, prick the cake with a toothpick
- Remove the cake from the mold and let cool
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut butter, maple syrup and lemon juice. Pour this mixture on the cake
- The lemon cake is ready to be tasted!
- The lemon is not recommended for ulcers and heartburn
- The coconut is proscribed for people allergic to sulphites